Caltex Ohayo Japan Promotion
Terms & Conditions
1. The Caltex Ohayo Promotion at Caltex Stations (“Promotion”) is organized by Chevron Malaysia Limited
(“Chevron” or the “Organizer”).
2. The Promotion is open to all Malaysian citizens aged eighteen (18) years or older as at 15 March 2020 when they pump a minimum of RM40 worth of petrol or diesel at Caltex service stations nationwide (“Eligible Participants”), except for the following individuals:
a. Employees of Chevron (including its affiliated and related companies) and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses);
b. Employees of Caltex service station operators / retailers / marketers and staff and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses);
c. Representatives, employees, servants and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of Chevron (including its affiliated and related companies), and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses).
3. The Promotion commences on 15 March 2020 and ends on 15 June 2020 (“Promotion Period”), inclusive of both dates. The Organizers reserve the right to, at any time, amend or extend the duration of the Promotion Period as it deems fit.
4. The prizes (“Prizes”) as tabled below shall be given away to the winners.
The Organizers reserve the right at their absolute discretion to substitute any of the Prizes with a prize of equal value, at any time, without prior notice or consent. All Prizes will be awarded in its current state and cannot be exchanged. The pictures of the Prizes shown are for illustration purposes only.
5. A total of Ninety Eight Winners shall be selected throughout the Promotion Period as per the summary provided below and transaction date: -
6. To qualify, Eligible Participants must spend a minimum of RM40 and above on petrol RON95 / RON97 or Diesel in a single receipt at any Caltex stations during the Promotion Period. Other purchases such as convenience store purchases, TouchnGo purchases/reload, prepaid card and lubricants purchases, are excluded.
7. To participate in the Promotion, Eligible Participants must submit a picture of the receipt through the WhatsApp application to a dedicated mobile number as set out in the advertisements of the Promotion at 018 – 299 9980, subject to meeting the terms and conditions herein or through a QR Code displayed at Caltex Point of Sale Materials.
8. The submission must be made on or before the third (3rd) day of the following month in order for the Eligible Participant to be in the running for Prizes in the previous month. For example, if the fuel transaction is made on 15th March, the receipt must be submitted by 18th March for the Eligible Participant to be in the running for Prizes for the Round 1 selection of winners.
9. The picture of the receipt submitted must be clear and legible. Receipt photos that are blurry or unclear will be disqualified.
10. Only transactions made at Caltex Stations meeting the minimum spend requirements as set out herein shall be eligible to be selected as Winners for the Prizes.
11. Eligible Participants are required to retain the original receipt of purchase as proof of purchase of the transaction.
12. Winners are required to present the original receipt of purchase during the claiming of Prizes.
13. Any receipt duplication will not be entertained, and the prizes will be forfeited if the receipt is not original.
Selection of Winners
14. The Winner(s) will be selected as per the table in paragraph 5 above. The Winner(s) will be notified by a phone call or WhatsApp message.
15. In the event that the Winner fails to respond within 3 working days from date of the first call or message, Chevron reserves the right to not award the prize or to select the next eligible Winner and the same process will be repeated until a new monthly Winner is determined.
16. Standard telco data charges may apply and shall be borne by the Winner(s) for submitting the participation receipt via WhatsApp.
17. Eligible Participants are entitled to win only once throughout the Promotion Period. In the event where the Eligible Participant’s entry is drawn more than once, the next selected Winner will be chosen.
18. Details of the winners will also be available after the promotion at the Caltex Malaysia website www.caltex.com.my
and Caltex Malaysia’s Facebook page.
19. Troopers Innovation Sdn Bhd (“Troopers”), the contest management organizer, will contact the Winners to make the arrangements for delivery or collection of the Prizes.
20. IMPORTANT NOTE: Any communication to the Winners of this Promotion will not contain any request to disclose financial, credit card or bank account details. If in doubt, please email our contest management company, also known as ‘Troopers’ at email@example.com
my to verify the authenticity of the communication.
21. Prizes awarded are non-exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
22. All prizes must be claimed within three (3) months from date of notification. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
23. The Organizer will not be liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of any form of notification to the Winner(s).
General Terms and Conditions
24. By participating in this Promotion, the Eligible Participant expressly agrees and consents to:
i. be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Organizers concerning this Promotion;
ii. grant to Chevron and Troopers and its authorized advertising or media agencies all consents and waivers necessary for the Eligible Participant’s name, likeness and particulars to be used for publicity, marketing and advertising purposes worldwide, without limitation and without compensation, in any manner whatsoever in any part of the world as Chevron or Troopers shall in its sole discretion deem fit;
iii. allow Chevron and Troopers to disclose to any third party the Eligible Participant’s personal data for any and all purposes in relation to this Promotion and any other related business activity;
iv. hold harmless and indemnify Chevron and Troopers from any loss or damage suffered during delivery of prizes.
25. The records of transactions maintained by Troopers and the selection of Winners shall be final and conclusive.
26. Chevron reserves the right to select new Winner(s) to substitute any Winner(s) who may be ineligible or disqualified for any reason whatsoever throughout the Promotion Period.
27. Chevron’s decision on all matters relating to this Promotion shall be final, conclusive and binding and it shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into any correspondence with any person(s) on any matter concerning this Promotion.
28. The Winners shall not be entitled to any cash compensation, benefits or substitution in any form whatsoever in lieu of the Prizes.
29. Chevron reserves the right to forfeit the Prizes awarded if the Winners do not comply with any of the terms and conditions herein.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, and Eligible Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian Courts.